AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pinched nerve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 10/23/2016 22:53 (#5597062 - in reply to #5590938)
Subject: RE: Pinched nerve

NW Iowa
Neck surgery is such a generic term since there are so many afflictions and associated therapies/surgeries that can affect the neck. I had the tingling arms and shoulders along with some pains and numbness in my legs, caused by stenosis or a narrowing of the spinal column in my neck. Went to a surgeon, had the MRI and when the results came back he wanted to see me NOW. He did a laminectomy on C3, C4, C5 and that took care of it. A Laminectome involves removing the back of the vertebrae to give the spinal cord more room. I do have a small amount of permanent spinal cord damage from not having the surgery done sooner. A surgery to solve your problem might be more or less invasive than mine was but my surgery was successful and I wouldn't be afraid to have it done again. One thing I did learn through Internet searches is the spinal cord in the neck is not the same as the spinal cord in the back. Doctors get more serious about the neck than the back. I would get a second opinion though before you get anything done and also, the Internet is your friend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)