AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on the annoying fruit flies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 10/12/2016 14:30 (#5577666)
Subject: Update on the annoying fruit flies

So after reading the posts that first day, I looked in my pantry and didn't have any apple cider vinegar. So I looked around and I took some of Dave's scotch. Poured it in a cool whip bowl and put a couple drops of soap in there. Nothing, happened. Sprayed some fly spray around and poured some bleach down the drain. Second day went to the store and picked up the apple cider vinegar and tried that and the only thing that I could see were that the fruit flies just hung around the bowl, didn't kill any of them. Also poured bleach again. So I called my pest guy and he said he had the same problem last year. He said that they have to have found a spot to lay their eggs and it was probably around the lip of the sink drains. He also told me to get the Drano foaming drain cleaner and use that. Well I got a tooth brush (don't tell Dave it was his...j/k) and scrubbed around the drain. I had put the plastic stopper from the garbage disposal in the dishwasher, and then I pulled up the rubber thing that keeps garbage from splashing back up on you when user the disposal. OMG, I almost puked. There was gunk around the bottom ridge of it. So cleaned that up and did another night of bleach and the next day after flushing with lots of hot water I used the Drano. The bugs seem to be gone now. I will see one here and there yet, but not like before. Lesson learned to clean that rubber thing more often. I have pulled it out before, but it was never like that. I will blame that Dave was king of the kitchen while I was recuperating from my knee replacement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)