AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

360 yield gathering chains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kjostad
Posted 9/30/2016 05:09 (#5556310 - in reply to #5555881)
Subject: RE: 360 yield gathering chains

Central, IN
We are running a 07 hoff Northstar. Due to cost we only put two rows on to try it. Now we have just finished our first field so still a long way to see how the do/last. Old chains are only 1 year old, 20-23% corn, stalk quality all over the place. Stopped yesterday and backed combine up to see what it looked like at the head. I didn't take the time to count we were to busy for that but looking at the 2 vs 6 i would guess there was 50-75% less corn on the ground. It really was amazing how much more corn you could see on the rows without it. It doesn't completly solve the problem of shelling but can def tell it helps a ton. You will HATE them for the first 50 ac until they work themselves in and soften up a bit after that they seem just like our other chains. We have found that in one variety the stock is really rotton and it is just cutting it off at the ground and not pulling through. Other rows are doing the same just not as bad. Overall first impression is very good. Hope this helps.

Positive-
Can tell the ear does not hit as hard when pulled down.
Qualilty heavy duty chain.
Instructions done well.
Brushes seem stout.
Send 2 spare brushes per chain. 1 lug, 1 main chain

Cons-
You have to put together. Not bad unless don't get you the chains till last min. My dealer gave me some of his cause they wern't shipping mine. Not the end of the world.
Brushes seem like they are good quality but putting them on i stripped out the plastic on 2 and had one that i trimmed down with my knife because it was bulged.
The lug brushes need a different way to mount them. You better have an inch pound torque wrench to put them on.

Edit: They sold out of everything they had for all heads. Hope some others post to as I would like to here how they are getting along.

Edited by Kjostad 9/30/2016 05:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)