AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Co-op Dividends
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Town and Country
Posted 9/23/2016 07:38 (#5544236 - in reply to #5544003)
Subject: RE: Co-op Dividends

Southern Mn
In my area we had a few of those kind of coops who made hay for a couple years watching what the big coop was doing, seeing that it ticked a few guys off, they started to do the opposite thinking they would drive the big coop out of the area. Only trouble is, what the big coop did was based on sound business decisions, and yes, maybe wasnt popular with some guys, because " We never had to do that before!" . Fast forward maybe? 10 years? the small coops that felt they were being the nice guys are now looking to merge with someone. What I'm getting at is this, it is not 1991 on your farms anymore, nor should it be 1991 at the local coop. If I want to work with the most knowledgeable people, its at the coop, they are the landing spot for some of the brightest new minds out in the ag sector. Equipment, timely service, crop scouting, very competitive prices, its all there. If I happen to get a dividend thats a plus. Im not a director just a real firm believer in coops and will always support them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)