AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just letting off a little steam....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 8/30/2016 12:35 (#5499300)
Subject: Just letting off a little steam....

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
Had a couple lp tanks for sale by the road and had a father and son purchase one yesterday. My brother that lives on the farm is gone for today, so I was informed that I needed to be around to load said tank for the customer this morning. Was told they had my number and would call when they were close to make sure I was there. Well as it happened, I also had the cable guy coming out to my house and was needed to let him in. No biggie, I only live a few miles from my brothers and figured I'd have plenty of time to get to the farm before the men were there to pick up the lp tank. Get a call from them only to find out they're already at the farm, so I told them to hang out for around 15 minutes and I'd be there to help them. I tell the cable guy to let himself out, which he agrees to, and proceed to head to the farm only to find the customers have loaded the tank with our forklift and are just about done tying it down to the trailer as I pull up. Needless to say, I was pretty burnt, but I figured "must be in a hurry", so I didn't pay any mind to it. The son says "hope you don't mind, but I saw the forklift sitting there and helped myself". I say no problem and his dad writes me a check and then proceeds to bs for the next half hour or so before the son finally convinces him it's time to go. Guess they weren't in the biggest hurry afterall.

Can't believe a fella would help himself in such a way with someone else's equiptment. I could see if the item was something that could be loaded by hand, but find it utterly disrespectful to commandeer another person's posessions like they were your own. Kinda left me wondering if I hadn't shown up when I did, if they would've been gone and I would've been out a grand........

On the bright side, they did seem like good, hardworking fellas once I talked to them for a while. End of rant.

P. S. A thought entered my mind later today after pondering the situation some more, and I decided I was glad they were done loading it when I got there because had I caught them in the act, I probably wouldn't have been able to hide my anger as well. Guess I'll call that one way to put a positive spin on it, but honestly, I'm still a bit irked! Thanks for all of the replies, as it's nice to have someone else's perspective in times like these.

Edited by steincowboy 8/30/2016 16:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)