AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow Up On What Would You Expect From Dealer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dolittle
Posted 8/30/2016 08:48 (#5498853)
Subject: Follow Up On What Would You Expect From Dealer

So this is how it has turned out. My 25 year old son had Wiss & Wiss in Kahoka work on a S300 Bobcat that he had bought from them used. The mechanic that worked on it called my son and told him the drive motor was out and that he could fix it but would have to order parts so my son told him to fix it. After having it for around a month they called and said it was done so my son went to get it. They gave him a bill for $2932.76 which my son paid and left for home. $102.27 of this bill was for a solenoid that they had to replace because they didn't know what happened but it worked when they brought it in and didn't when they was putting it back together. My son is sure they broke it while doing the repair but paid the bill.

He picked the machine up on 1/25/16 with 1695 hours on it and on 8/18/16 1750 hours its out again. It was going out before this date and hours but I can prove the date I am posting. My son called and the man that answered the phone said the boss or mech was not there but he was sure they would help him the best they could. My son called back because they had never called him and talked to the same guy and was told he wasn't sure but he had heard the boss and mech talking and they were just going to help him on parts.

This is when I became involved and how my call went with owner.

I asked I was wondering what was going on with my sons Bobcat. He said what do you mean I have already told him I was going to help him out on parts. (which he had never called my son back)

I asked what do you mean help him out on parts. He said he would sell him the drive motor for his cost which was something over $1500. I don't remember the exact amount.

I said he just spent over $1600 in parts for the same problem and now your wanting him to pay $1500 more. He said that was 8 months ago nobody will warranty anything that long and I said it was 54 hours ago which he said didn't matter.

He said I wanted to put a new one in it. I said your the experts, my son never heard that, your mechanic said he could rebuild it.

I told him I thought he had taken advantage of a young man and that it wasn't right. I told him I thought it was BS and that if he asked any other farmer they would say the same thing and he hung up on me.

What I have learned from other dealers is in my other post. One dealer said it was crazy to try and put seals in it when you can buy rebuilt with a year warranty and have less than half the hours they charged him to repair it in installing the rebuilt. Every other shop I have talked to has said they have a year warranty on anything they do in their shop.

So you decide but I will never do business with them again. And if you know Jerry at Wiss & Wiss make sure he gets to read this.

original post http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=652055&posts=1...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)