AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow Up On What Would You Expect From Dealer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 8/30/2016 11:50 (#5499196 - in reply to #5498853)
Subject: RE: Follow Up On What Would You Expect From Dealer

Alberta, Canada
Looks like to me it was a little lack of experience on both sides regarding the original repair. Its like anything on here sometimes there are different ways to repair something, little tricks only experience provides, some stuff is not worth repairing due to labor costs etc. I've had many friends call me up and ask me about something they are getting fixed and just want a 2nd opinion. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I say ... hold on I wouldn't do it that way as I've been there done that before. In this case maybe a 2nd opinion would have been the way to go but who knows at the time when they say this what needs to be done for this price. I'm no expert on those machines but there are many guys who are. In hindsight too bad the fellow didn't post on here for advice/experience before giving the go ahead on the original repair.

Years back we had an engine failure on a Case tractor due to loss of oil pressure. Anyway dealer rebuilt it then 9 months later and only 100hrs it had to come apart due too plain old poor workmanship and lack of experience by the tech who did it. Dealer refused to help out so I did it (had a shop by then to work in) and couldn't believe what they did. REally frusterating going through stuff like this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)