AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS or ADMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SDhusker
Posted 8/26/2016 19:19 (#5491913)
Subject: SMS or ADMS?

Gettysburg, SD
Having a difficult time making a decision between the two. Currently all my files are in the ADMS software platform, all my zones anyway. Trying to make a decision on which to purchase for my own private use. ADMS is a very strong program, and I know how to use most of it. SMS is a more robust program, with other features I find analytically valuable.

I need the software to primarily write fertilizer prescriptions for a Raven Viper 4 and JD Greenstar. Need to write seeding prescriptions for 20/20 and Greenstar. Everything is Yield Mapped and either RTK or Omnistar XP auto steer. All equipment has swath control. Monitors include 2600,2630, 20/20, and CFX 750.

Already have computer for soil sampling with ADMS on it, but not opposed to scrapping it and using SMS mobile. Soil probe truck is almost done being built.

All JD harvest data.

SMS seems kinda tricky to me, and I did not get to spend enough time with my free trial. Messing around, I was having trouble converting my current zones to format into SMS. Need a bit more time.

SMS advanced is $2000 and ADMS is $3000. My comfort level is with ADMS, but I think SMS is going to give me more of what I want in the future.

Can anybody help me out with my decision?

TIA
Travis
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)