AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric Smoker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Large Rounds
Posted 8/16/2016 13:21 (#5472353 - in reply to #5472044)
Subject: RE: Electric Smoker

Central Illinois
Just finished off some ribs I smoked on Sunday. I have a Masterbuilt. I think we paid around $150 for it and that included drop ship delivery to the house. I think it also took about 2 beers to assemble.

It's all about personal preference. It depends on how much you want to spend and how hands on you want to be when you smoke. I chose a smoker with no bells or whistles. I prefer to tinker rather than load it and walk away. It makes the beer taste better. Mine uses chips, which I also prefer. It's best to match your chips to the meat and your flavor preference. I use more apple and hickory than anything but also keep a supply of mesquite and pecan around. Lots of options for wood out there.

Be careful not to get one too small. The more room you have the more options you have. I don't think I can fit a whole turkey in mine but I have squeezed 6 racks (12 half racks) in it. I've got a little cast iron skillet that just does hold a can of baked beans and easily fits on one shelf.

My #1 tip - use the smoker as often as possible and don't be afraid to experiment with rubs, sauces and techniques. The #1 thing to remember - don't let your heat get too high. Low and slow... You'll be a pro in no time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)