AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do plants adapt to future weather?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 8/1/2016 21:47 (#5445441 - in reply to #5444266)
Subject: RE: Do plants adapt to future weather?

NW Iowa
I am of the un-scientific opinion that the design and construction of the physical world is so far beyond our comprehension that we would be astonished at how much we don't know or understand.

They say there were no animals or birds anywhere to be found near the coast before the huge Indonesian tsunami a few years ago. How did they know danger was coming? Why is it some days when I sort fat hogs they are really quite coopertive and civil, and other days the exact same crew and tactics have those pigs about going through the roof?

Yes these are animals, not plants.

Why is my apple tree on some years loaded with so many apples it nearly breaks its own branches off and other years its half that? Do maple trees really have way more buds and leaves in the spring on some years, or is that just my own inconsistent judgment?

We probably understand animal behavior better than plants because they are much more like us.

I think if we were capable of understanding the Architect of the natural systems, we might know the answer to the OP's question. But our limited knowledge and understanding is part of that system. Its really quite fascinating and humbling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)