AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice for autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dfunk
Posted 7/29/2016 10:03 (#5438796 - in reply to #5435983)
Subject: RE: Advice for autosteer

I would recommend the Ag Leader route regardless of new or used - They have the best support (on the dealer end, and customer end) Trimble provides no direct customer support, where as Ag Leader provides free phone support to customers, and still services and repairs every piece of equipment they've ever made.

Ag Leader will give you the most color blind solution across the entire farm (spraying, Planting, Harvest, NH3/Fertilizer) regardless of the brand of equipment you choose - While Deere display and guidance systems aren't bad, they don't play well with other brands, so down the road you can become locked into one brand of equipment just because of the $ you have invested in technology.

I've extensively used every brand on the market, and have been a servicing dealer for every brand aside from Deere, and Leika - no bias here - I recommend Ag Leader because I've seen the track record and capability of their products vs. the competition.

As far as price goes - you will be hard pressed to find a new system you can build off of for that price range - even a new Trimble EZ-steer with a CFX-750 will run you 7-8k by the time you get the vehicle kit, cabling, and setup. I would caution going too cheap upfront and buying a sub-par system that won't accomplish your long term goals, because then you will have invested 5-7k and then have to start over buying a whole new system if you want to do planter control down the road.

Technology isn't cheap, but the value it provides is real - If you buy the right technology it will save you $ and actually pay back in the end by increasing your productivity and decreasing your input costs.

feel free to email me if you have questions - [email protected] - we have some used systems around the state and could also discuss your new options if you're looking that route, or even if you just want to discuss what options are out there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)