AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ROTH IRA Fees, how much is too much?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kpaul
Posted 7/27/2016 17:10 (#5435618 - in reply to #5435585)
Subject: RE: ROTH IRA Fees, how much is too much?

north central Iowa, Hampton
You can move your funds from where you're at to something else. It's called a rollover, or custodian to custodian transfer.

At one time, I sold mutual funds, but don't any more. Vanguard is good--and cheap. The schedule you posted is pretty stingy with the volume discounts.

There are a whole lot of people that believe in and use no-load funds. If you're getting no advice and no service from the current investment, I'd agree you're paying more than you need. If you are in that fund at the suggestion of a broker, he/she should be able to show you, using past performance numbers from both a Vanguard type fund and the one you're currently in, what the compounded growth would be, net of the sales charge on $1000.00 over 10 or 20 years. If you're getting enough performance from the sales charge--ok. If you're not--time to move on.

The general theme of an "index" fund, which is what most of the no-loads are, is that "You can't beat the market average, don't even try." And yet, how many farmers would be willing to settle for an "average price" contract on their production? I think most are willing to believe they can beat the average and there are funds with proven histories that can and do beat "average." The great thing is, it's your money. Do enough research and reading so that you're happy with your decision.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)