AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Washing machine problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 7/27/2016 10:30 (#5435044 - in reply to #5434734)
Subject: RE: Washing machine problems

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Villery - 7/27/2016 07:27

For the last year, my wife has been having problems with our washing machine. It seems as though the clothes come still dirty, it cleans some but not much. She uses xtra with oxyclean. I thought it was a mechanical problem, but from what i can see, everthing is working fine. Is there any advice out there that can help us with our problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

We are 1 month into learning to make a high efficiency wash machine(Whirlpool top load) work, a few things make a big difference. One part of their energy saving is to wash with nearly cold water, normal sweaty cloths do OK on the "warm" water and the medium soil setting(length and agressiveness of wash time) , while really greasy clothes with ground in dirt need the "hot " water setting and heavy soil time setting.. Our "hot" water setting puts water that is only 90-100 degrees in the tub, so even hot is not very hot. Whirlpool has settings that allow as much water as you want, the "deep water" setting puts more water in the tub than our old conventional washer, plus it has a "bulky items" setting that uses even more water.
We find that the "normal" setting which just covers the clothing does a good job as long as we use the "warm" water and medium soil setting for lightly dirty clothes and use the "hot" water and heavy soil setting for oily ground in dirt on what we call "farmer work clothing".
The dryer also has a "double rinse" setting that will rinse, agitate and spin the load twice, but have not seen any need to use it so far.

The "soil" setting sets how long and how aggressively the machine washes a load

For laundry detergent, we also use liquid XTRA brand from the local grocery store( no Oxyclean mentioned on the jug), same soap that did ok with our old conventional washing.
machine. I notice the detergent makes more suds when using the "hot " water setting

Edited by Jon Hagen 7/27/2016 13:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)