AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do I pay my tile contractor? Did I get screwed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cummins6c
Posted 7/26/2016 13:54 (#5433503)
Subject: Do I pay my tile contractor? Did I get screwed?

Eastern Iowa
I bought a farm fall 2014 and there was 20 acres of pasture we wanted to convert to farm ground. I hired a local tiling business that fall to come in and tile the farm and build one 300' normal size waterway. The pasture needed some rocks buried here or there but it's mostly flat and had zero trees to remove. The local guy charged to $20,500 to do the work. 14K in tile, 1K in track hoe work , 2K in bulldozer work, and 22 hrs in back hoe work @ $120 to "track old tile." He spent 3 days digging and marking all the old tile so he knew where they were? Last spring was my first year farming it and we had 7 wet spots around the field we couldn't farm.. total of about 4 acres. It was wet last fall so I had to wait until the ground froze in Nov to combine all of the corn. This spring I call the contractor and told him he needed to come fix the wet spots ASAP. He spent 2 days and tore up the farm again with a track hoe ( not a back hoe) digging up "old clay tile they missed." Sent me a bill 45 days later for $2000 to fix the tile? Should I pay him? I feel I already over paid the first time and he stuck we with 3 days of tile tracking. I still had 2 wet spots I never got planted this spring which are old broken tile I would assume. Comments please. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)