AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1 Ton pickup purchase advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 7/20/2016 13:12 (#5421691 - in reply to #5420188)
Subject: RE: 1 Ton pickup purchase advise

Montana
I absolutly love my Chevy 3500 with a cannonball bale bed I am crabby that i can not buy a new extra cab because I like the backward opening door. I love my 6 Litre engine but in my remote country I wish I could get a 5.3 as I do not need more power and I love more economy.

MY 2004 Chevy 2500 got one ton springs and has a 6 litre and a manual transmission. That is great for poof bales that I have to pitch after I cut net and it explodes into a pile on my pickup bed. I pitch it off with a pitch fork. The Chevy steering keeps the wheels running straight forward in most cases and the old 77 and 79 Tall boy fords Have to have a steering wheel holder. We have them made from Mirror Brackets and a v with rubber hose to hold steering wheel from window column.

The ride and reliability and availability of parts make me really love my 2008 3500 my 2004 2500 with one ton springs, my two 1500 Chevys. I often pull my 18 foot stock trailer with up to four cows or bulls with my 1500 Chevy with a 5.3

Duramax would be fun and cool but i never have a place to use the power.

CAnnonball Bale beds have independant arms, Bed dumps or rises to hook to a trailer and mine are battery over hydraulic and I love them, I also have old Deweze and Bessler bale loaders on my 77 and 79 fords.

Krogman bale beds are good and tough and I use a Krogman carry all for loading and hauling my ATV. very safe and very cool
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)