AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PF Advantage and Ezguide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/28/2016 07:42 (#5380535 - in reply to #5380234)
Subject: RE: PF Advantage and Ezguide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MNRyeGrower - 6/27/2016 23:06

New to GPS and precision ag and picked up a EZGuide 500 last year for basic light bar guidance.  So this spring I acquired a new to me Combine (JD 9400) that has a PF Advantage monitor installed.  Since I do not see any GPS system or antennae I am guessing it was used for yield monitoring etc. only with no mapping capabilities.  Can I attach the EZ Guide 500 to it for GPS and create yield maps?

Yes, the EZ Guide 500 can output GPS to the PF Advantage with the proper cable. There is a bit of danger when trying just any cable as the PF Advantage has power and ground on two of the pins in its harness. This is to provide power/ground for a GPS. Your 500 will be getting power through its own harness. In some cases, the cable could cause a problem.

The PF Advantage will be need the NEMA strings GGA and VTG ON with all others off. The other settings are 4800 BAUD, 8, N, 1.

You will also need a suitable memory card for the PF Advantage. The point by point yield data is sent to the card as you harvest so the card must be present while harvesting if you hope to eventually produce maps. The PF Advantage did not have enough built in memory to hold the point by point data. It did have enough memory to hold various totals. That is why it is not necessary to have a memory card installed if you were only to do yield monitoring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)