AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3208 CAT fuel problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 5/31/2016 09:24 (#5329737 - in reply to #5329218)
Subject: RE: 3208 CAT fuel problems

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

cheddarbob56 - 5/30/2016 22:18 Guys - have a 3208 in a Ford dump truck. Having issues with it staying running. Got it all ready to get DOT inspection Saturday and about 6 miles from home on its way to the shop where we get our inspections done it starts to puke and gag and loses all power... Seems to be getting just enough fuel to barely idle. Let it sit barely idling and then after a bit has enough fuel to rev engine but not hardly enough to move. Pulled it home got in our shop and my dad pumped the hand prime pump a few times while running and that helped it momentarily a lot. We have an electric pump right above tank going to fuel filter housing. I'm suspecting hand pump leaking air? Gonna change fuel filter tomorrow night but the filter on it is was replaced last year and hardly saw any miles. Ideas? Thanks guys. Chris

Does the electric fuel pump actually work?

Do you have any algea, in the fuel tank?

Is there a second fuel filter or screen, in front of electric fuel pump, to keep debris from entering that electric fuel pump? (even maybe a screen, on the inlet side of electric fuel pump, itself)

Changing fuel filter, is still a good step.

Maybe while that old filter is removed, you could hold a bucket under that fuel filter base, and "turn ON the electric fuel pump" and just see how much fuel Volume comes out the 3208's fuel filter base.(w/o filter)

Note: If your electric fuel pumps does work/operate; then you have changed the majority of this fuel supply system over to "pressure" verses "suction" type. Thus most "sucking air" problems, would only be found "before" the electric fuel pump. But both systems can have problems with anything that restricts the flow of fuel.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)