AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 5/29/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

489gus
Posted 5/30/2016 00:55 (#5327699 - in reply to #5326219)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 5/29/16*****

Northern Illinois
I have been reading this group for the past few weeks. Many inspirational posts and I do enjoy reading everyone success/fallbacks. Thanks to Von for the articles that he has posted.
I am currently 42 and have been heavy all my life. In my late 20's I lost 60 lbs, but I did it the wrong way by only eating one meal a day and drinking a lot of coffee. Since then my weight has slowly crept back upto 306 lbs without eating a lot of food. I have visited with my doc about my condition. I am relative in good health with slight elevated blood pressure. I am not diabetic, A1c is 5.3 and my latest fasting number was 82. My thyroid is normal, but slow. Male hormone is very low, so my doc is treating with a weekly injection that I give myself. 2 months ago was my first treatment, boy that gave me a hot flash. Now I know why I was always cold and wearing sweatshirts in the house during the winter.
I am currently at 296-298. Eliminated extra sugars and starches, only sugar that I get is from some fruit and milk. I have been following the paleo meals since last summer. I have been wearing Garmin fitness tracker since last Oct. Winter was hard getting 10,000 steps a day, but since March I have been between 12-18,000 steps a day with farming. My goal is to keep at least 15,000 steps during the summer and push to 20,000 a day. I do work a corporate job, but most of my movement is early morning / evening chores and the weekends. I need to keep focus of eating clean and meal size. Thanks for your help in advance. Brian.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)