AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 5/29/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/29/2016 07:41 (#5326219)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 5/29/16*****

Good Sunday Morning, and Happy Memorial Day weekend. Hope someone is around this weekend to post here, but if you aren't, well, that means you are having fun with family and friends and hopefully enjoying the long weekend. First of all, we have to remember what Memorial Day is all about, yes it is the beginning of summer, but we have to remember all of those people that served our country and have passed on. Without their service, we might not be having these fun filled weekends.

So what is up? Not officially summer, but Memorial Day is the beginning of summer parties. Let the graduation parties begin. How many parties do you have lined up, how many weddings. Fire pits are in most everyone's back yards, do you host parties, or go to the neighbors? Oh this can be so hard when you are trying to watch what you eat. We have 7 friends and family that are graduating. Lucky, one set of twins, so that will be only one party there. Then there are the vacations. How can we even think about losing weight. Do we say, what the hell, and say that we will start back up in the fall? No, just watch your portions and use the great weather and get outside and walk, and bike and just get moving. Summer doesn't have to be a bust for your eating plan. Brats, hot dogs, burgers, oh my, what is a person suppose to do. Enjoy it, have ONE, then fill your plate with fresh veggies and fruit. You want a piece of graduation cake? Take a small piece. It is all in portion control.

Let's not forget about exercise. I am still out there walking. This fitbit is really making me charge on and get as many steps as I can get per day. But as the temps rise, it can get uncomfortable out there with higher humidity. I don't know about you, but I sweat big time when I am out there walking. So I come home and I was a sweaty mess. The sweat is running in my eyes and off my nose. This part I don't like about exercise. So some friends suggested a sweat band. They have come a long way and now have the moisture wicking kind. I bought a couple Bondi Bands. They really help. My daughter told me to embrace the stink.

So, what did the scale say this week? I hope it was good for you. Dave lost .2 and I lost .8. Not much, but going down, so can't complain too much. Have a good Memorial Day and a good week.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)