AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The lake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 5/28/2016 15:25 (#5325206 - in reply to #5325006)
Subject: RE: Thud & redoak

North of London
i had heard some rumbling about it being wet 'down there' but did not realize you had been held up so much until we drove through.
I think most planting is done around here except edible beans and calendar says it is almost too early to risk them until maybe today, June 1st always looks safer and I have seen years when that was plenty early.

Yes a lot of big iron running the roads. A farm is now a field and one can be untouched in the morning and planted by evening with all machinery gone to the next farm.
Like livestock operations cropping is become a very big operation or you just can not compete.
i quit trying to keep up a few years ago when none of our kids were interested in farming and started renting some of our land out about 4 years ago and only cropping around 60 % of it myself this year.
Sort of slowly slowing down.

Kevin I think she likes the area quite well, it is only about 10 minutes from work and a nice change from before when she had a room in an older ladies home.
The chance to buy this place came just as her landlady was needing to move into an assisted living place so it worked well.

It is nice by the water even if she tends to just look at the water if she is off work during daylight hours.
Not very big but OK for one person.
She has an allergy to cut grass and this is almost all deck so neighbours cut the little bit of grass she has when they do their own.

we are finding outlets for supplies as we get familiar with the area and have found Rona in Belle River has an excellent lady behind the service desk.
Think she may be one of the owners but is very helpful/customer oriented and knowledgeable highly recommend that store.

Am still working at putting the cottage back together after our big renovation but it is slow when you are a 2 + hour drive away and only get there every 1-2 weeks.
Hope to get wiring finished this week if neighbour gets his hay off soon enough for us to get away again then we can finish plumbing and drywall and it will start to look 'finished' again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)