AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old Road Boss goes down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 5/9/2016 01:46 (#5289606 - in reply to #5289600)
Subject: RE: Old Road Boss goes down

Dearfield Co.
white motor company at one time was pretty diverse which also helped it die in freight liner/cfs eyes. CF had started the freight liner line in the late 1930s from rebuilt Faegol trucks but couldn't keep up with its own demand and outside sales so they went to white for a already setup sales network in the 50s the foggy part of this is I dont know if white ever helped manufacture freight liners or just allowed use of their name much like they did with volvo and gmc. This agreement ended in 1974 . I was in high school at the time and remember the White dealer in Denver also franchised up to sell the freight liners and they were able to keep the franchise until about 1981 which I always thought was odd since that was the same time frame as Cf sold off their remaining shares. Then what became known as TRANSWEST bought the franchise to sell freight liners. But that was also the first round of deregulation . I always figured oliver and Minneapolis moline lead to Whites downfall as well as all the other brand names they bought up . Then deregulation helped kill CF but it took a long time for it to happen. I might be off on dates and facts but thats how I remember the pie to be sliced lol

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)