AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Surplus Foods
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cornlover
Posted 4/27/2016 22:16 (#5268010 - in reply to #5267504)
Subject: John that program went south because of a couple of crooks....

John that program was a good program I thought. It helped clear out old stocks of powdered milk, put into hands of producers in drought affected states. At the time there wasn't any programs to help beef cattle ranchers. It looked to be a win for everybody. But two crooks found a way to resell powdered milk, other powdered foods, etc. to third world countries. I really thought they would serve jail time, but they were able to buy their way out of jail. Which proves crime does pay. I in fact did see a first hand a storage building that these two filled with product, that was hidden from the Feds. However the person that owned the shed was stiffed by these guys on a cattle deal. They left the product in his shed for several years, so he fed it up to get rid of it. Later it came out in the news about these two crooks and the deal they had done.

For smaller producers, they were able to give Dept. of Ag. their cattle numbers and they were issued vouchers to trade their share of powdered milk for lick tubs, bagged feed at feed stores. Their share of milk was traded to brokers that then sold the milk to bigger processors or feedlots. Later into the program the government injected Anise powder into the bags to give it a smell so it wouldn't be used for human consumption. I received two semi loads of the powdered milk, when I opened the doors it smelled like black licorice.

http://www.law360.com/articles/418376/us-rancher-resolve-fca-suit-o...

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/final-sentences-issued-in-w...

Edited by cornlover 4/27/2016 22:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)