AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

large corn crop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Nutiller
Posted 4/3/2016 09:06 (#5218359 - in reply to #5218282)
Subject: RE: We Need to STOP

"*******************
*ITS LAND COSTS*

For some its UN-likely the banker is gonna let you drive HIS 400k quad-track (excuse me 200k quad-track) ((that ZERO % interest was a heck of a good deal now wasn't it)) to Washington DC this time around. Drive from the central corn to belt to DC and back ? ? ? Wonder who's gonna pay for those new tracks ? ? ?"

The above quote is a classic!!!!

SAT I was 18 years old when the last tractor cades were organized to DC. Many MORE family farms in the area then, going thru the same problems that we were. Our community had a symbolence of commrodorie. Today fast forward to the era of "BIG TIME OPERATORS" who have come into our area bid up the cash rents (great for the off farm, detached heirs on the receiving end) but now the worm has turned so to speak.
I do not have one shred of sympathy for these silver spooned BTO's! And I will not call them farmers! Just like the wall street bankers they will probably get a pass, only to start again somewhere else. Will there be opportunities for a farmer that has been conservative?? Did his own wrenching on older equipment to remain monetarily solvent and put money in the bank for future CASH transactions? I hope so for the future of our country and our society. I believe the enslavement of the middle class is eminent if we don't reset. More Farmers, less government interaction!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)