AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inline three tie balers Hesston vs New Holland vs Freeman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fawazhay
Posted 3/14/2016 23:54 (#5176917 - in reply to #5175187)
Subject: RE: Inline three tie balers Hesston vs New Holland vs Freeman

Northern CA
coloradohay - 3/14/2016 08:45

We love our Hesston and Massey engine balers. We ran freeman a number of years ago. The freeman can make nice bales, but the Hesston is much more user friendly and easier to adjust. I find it interesting that people would complain about how the inline bales flake. I've always thought they were easier on the hay and made a nice bale. We have several neighbors that run freeman. I've always thought their bales looked like crap compared the Hesston. Must just be my preference. I will say though, I'm pretty disappointed that The new masseys don't have a hydraulic pto like the Freeman's. It would be nice to still have the hydraulic swinging tongue. We shoot for 16-18 strokes in both alfalfa and grass. We want a 44" bale. That seems to make real nice stacks. I wish the the Masseys pickup was about a foot wider. I've thought about putting some haysaver wheels on. Never actually seen a Massey with one. Maybe someone on here has done it.

Some of the MFs out here do have hay saver wheels on them. Mainly on the right side, some on both. Jay, we had about $2500-3000 in our kits. Not cheap, but not horrible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)