AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inline three tie balers Hesston vs New Holland vs Freeman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fawazhay
Posted 3/13/2016 15:59 (#5173714 - in reply to #5173648)
Subject: RE: Inline three tie balers Hesston vs New Holland vs Freeman

Northern CA
I can offer some insight here. I have owned or been around all of them. I owned 3 Freeman 1390 inlines, two of which I bought new. When Allied bought Freeman, they decided to discontinue the inline and not do the necessary improvements. There were a handful of things needed to make the baler decent. Parts support is not good and spendy. Do NOT buy a 1390.

NH likewise discontinued the 585 and slightly improved BB900. There were lots of moving parts and chains going everywhere. I never was a fan of them, either. I suspect parts will be an issue in the future as I found the other day NH has discontinued some parts for the 1095 balewagon, which I am sure they made far more of than the inline baler.

Hesston makes the best inline baler by far. However, if you are looking at new ones, and engine is not an option. We like engine balers and not PTO balers. We also put two 16' windrows together very often. A smaller tractor won't clear the row. Many of us pull our balers with little cab over trucks that we have shortened the frame on, like an Isuzu NPR. This is not an option with a PTO baler but works great with a Hesston engine baler.

I went away from the inline design and went back to the cross feed design as I like the product that comes out of it better. Export buyers have been buying inline bales, but I believe they like my cross feed bales a little better. The inlines are easier to operate. I now run 6 of the smaler Freemans, 370 / 380s. If one likes the cross feed bales, Freeman is the baler to buy. If you want an inline bale, get a Hesston.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)