AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic drives in parallel help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 3/13/2016 15:18 (#5173640 - in reply to #5173534)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic drives in parallel help

Missouri
jbweston - 3/13/2016 13:21

I am not a hydraulics expert, but know enough to be dangerous. I don't fully understand closed center hydraulics.

I have a kinze 3700 that would require two hydraulic drives, one for each half, if I convert it from ground drive. I would most likely be looking to plumb this is parallel off of one remote with a motor, pwm valve and encoder on each end.

I know even though I would have the same motor on each end, one side will drive easier than the other. Will the pwm valves on each end be all that is required to keep the oil from just chasing the path of least resistance and keep both drives satisfied and running smoothly?

I supposed I could run this in series with the right motor. Like a Parker TB I hear.

Yes.

I can't think of a reason one side would drive easier, but even if it did, that wouldn't matter. It would still turn at the set speed. The control system regulates the oil flow to maintain the proper speed according to the encoder feedback. There is no "path of least resistance" for the oil to follow. The closed center system draws only as much flow as it needs, there is no "unused" oil flow that is bypassed back to the tractor. In fact, when the drives shut down, the PWM valves close, and the oil flow is essentially shut off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)