AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED Yard Lights..........................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

georgejr
Posted 3/10/2016 13:51 (#5167642 - in reply to #5165610)
Subject: RE: LED Yard Lights..........................

Wisconsin
G man - 3/9/2016 12:19

http://www.e-conolight.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E-DD1L68C1
Put one of these up last fall. Puts out quite a bit of light, I have it about 22ft in air on tower, gives 360 degrees of light which I needed. I'd get more of these in future to replace other standard yard lights.

If you just need one directional lighting I'd look at wall mount.

This light does go in and out of stock because I suspect it is very sought after. I'd call them (Large whse/office builiding right off I90 south of Milwaukee. We went with this one as well as shown in my post earlier and as noted picked up another one besides the wall mount ones listed. When we origionally ordered the put on B-O for us and keeped up informed when they would ship. Was before the ship date which I see is around 04/29/2016. IMO based on having used 3 of them now they are worth the wait, but if you don't need/want task lighting go with the lower output version as the other noted it is plenty of light. We error on too bright as noted because many times in the season I end up working thru the night to get strips done, spraying... and it is nice not having to run around with my head gear with a headlight all the time. (Found a really good one of those too BTW but that is beyond this thread).

As noted above and I noted as well don't be afraid of putting these up high, no bulb to change and light spread is great.

If mounting to a shed the first light in my post does a great spread lights are about 75 ft apart with one over our shop door and the other one near the end of the shed due to sliding shed door. put one up and we almost didn't mount the second one because of how well it did. Again easy to justify going to the lower output version if you don't need such a bright light.

In our shop we mounted these below. Due to the lower clearance height we were able to mount above the garage door in the open position which allowed us to spread them better then our old MH units that too way too long to warm up.

http://www.e-conolight.com/indoor-lighting/high-low-bay/led-high-ba...

Edited by georgejr 3/11/2016 04:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)