AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 week weather out look
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 2/28/2016 16:19 (#5143356 - in reply to #5143266)
Subject: RE:The real danger, at least from .....

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
The real danger, at least from my perspective here in the East is that the abnormally warm temperatures we've experienced (and will continue to experience) will cause us to dry up too fast too soon. Believe it or not even here in the East stored subsoil moisture only goes so far toward making a crop. And even with the rain we normally get in June, July and Aug we can be excessively dry by Sept. Too warm too soon, one or two missed rains in July and we can be in serious trouble by August.
Last year at this time the ground was frozen down 4 ft, cities & towns experienced a record number of frozen water lines and we still had almost a month of continous below freezing temperature ahead of us. Yesterday, I took soil samples with a hand probe and nowhere was the soil frozen. Today I worked all day outside with nothing more than a long sleeved shirt and even sweated a little. This year is just too much like 2012 to ignore the similarites. I plan to have my planter hooked up, ready to go well before normal and push my planting start date ahead of the normal calendar if possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)