AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First Syngenta a Swiss company, now the Chicago Stock Exchange!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 2/8/2016 06:24 (#5095791 - in reply to #5095573)
Subject: RE: So much for the "free market".

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
The market is so much bigger and includes so much more than what we think of as the "market". The market includes who controls technology, who can afford the most aircraft carriers, who can control the UN and a lot more. It's not even just who controls the energy market, or the oil market but who controls the energy markets, the food markets, the computer markets and more. And the thing is: at that level there aren't any rules. It just the law of the Jungle.
It reminds of the complaints of the "less developed" nations in the past: the way you big countries operate just isn't fair. Only now, we're the "less developed" country.
I'm sorry but anyone who believes in "free markets" is hopeless naive. Not because it isn't a rational and laudible idea but because you're going into a gun fight with a pocket knife. A hundred years ago, rural people got "crucified on a cross of gold" today you're going to be crucified on a cross of oil.
I apologize for the "Rant" but GenX's post below reminds me of how "they" operate. Distract the victum with other issues, make them think something else is important and lead them to slaughter. It gives new meaning to the term "Judas goat".
It's not that you can't believe in principles of fairness, free markets, etc. It's just that you can't believe your competition does.

Edited by 1234 2/8/2016 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)