AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An article on risk taking that will get you thinking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 1/31/2016 13:15 (#5077095 - in reply to #5076936)
Subject: RE: An article on risk taking that will get you thinking

Yes and No.  

I look back on the people in my frat., about 50 in number.  Yes, there were those whos goal was to drink and get laid.  I did observe those who actually studied, married and went on to live comfortable and contributing lives.  They goal was not to make 1,000,000 by the time they were 25, I mean really I do not think very many high school grads think in that way.  They may wish that, but not actually think or believe the 1,000,000 by 25 idea.  I also saw about 99% of the members get degrees.  Now could they all get jobs in the area/degree they wanted? No.  Those who applied themselves could.  The others took what they could get in any field they could get. 

You play in college, you pay later. 

Yes, society through out of all time basically works this way.   You grow up, leave home with possibly very little wealth, worked, paid your debts as you went along and eventually died. 

Happiness lies in things or things that happen.        

Joy come from with in, regardless of things. 

So if a person thinks money is the road to happiness and that is their goal then the article from ZH could make them very angry and question what they will do after high school and the value of a college education.

Edited by billybob 1/31/2016 15:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)