AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zinc sulfate in furrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 1/29/2016 06:29 (#5071744 - in reply to #5071642)
Subject: RE: Zinc sulfate in furrow

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
This is where my opinion will differ from some. I have never used Zinc in any sort of band. No 2x2 or in furrow on my planter. If I knew those applications would put dollars into my pocket I would have them. But I've not seen results locally that show that. But I will add those attachments are not popular in my area.

That being said, when you look at a chart like this, I don't see why a banded application of zinc provides a better option then broadcast applications. Zinc is primarily taken up in the later stages of the plants life. During that timeframe the corn plants roots have stretched deep and wide. I feel having a easy to access supply of the zinc is a better and easier option then a band. Maybe I should say it's better, but I wouldn't think it'd be a less effective way to apply the zinc. As you grow multiple crops on that farm zinc excess builds and shows on soil test and should show sufficient on tissue test.

These are just my thoughts and how I am approaching zinc. By no means is this advice from a long term professional. I do have limited experience, but I am showing increasing soil test levels and I have seen tissue test show zinc to be balanced with dry zinc sulfate broadcast applications.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)