AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yeah you can still make a profit but....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Town and Country
Posted 1/28/2016 15:42 (#5070226)
Subject: Yeah you can still make a profit but....

Southern Mn
With these ugly prices, some of us can make ourselves feel good by saying "my cost of production is still lower than today's per bushel price" I've seen lots of comments on here about "at my APH yield there is still good money to be made"

That's all fine and dandy as long as you don't have anything that needs to be paid for.

If you are reading this and think, he must be extended on new iron or some other foolishness. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I like capitalism, I like to be paid a just amount for what I produce, is there a few pennies to be made yet? Sure there is.

Thinking about the guys who pay the big rent, are you satisfied with your rate of return?

Are you betting the worm will turn before your equipment is worn out and needs replacing?

Maybe we just need to get used to these prices and hope inputs come back to the early 2000's prices.

Maybe the health care insurance issues will go away and health care will be more affordable?

Maybe the REA bill will get cheaper in years to come?

Food for thought, now I have to get back to bookwork. Tax appointment is just around the corner, my favorite time of the year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)