AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carbs are everywhere!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 1/5/2016 21:19 (#5014273)
Subject: Carbs are everywhere!!!!!

Aggieland
Taking Von's advice and really trying to limit my carb intake to less than 30g a day. Monday I tried my usual routine which involved breakfast of oatmeal and coffee, hot dogs and chips for lunch and salmon stuffed with crab and baked brocoli for supper. After breakfast about ten AM I had the shakes and had to eat a snack I was so hungry! I've normally just said I was hypoglycemic and went along with eating a snack or drinking a coke to make them go away. I ate quite a bit yesterday.
Today I started the morning with my coffee and two sausage patties and two scrambled eggs. Never had a snack and never got the shakes. For lunch I had a small salad with two tablespoons of ranch, about a dozen pepporoni slices, some cubed cheese and three strawberries. Then for supper I had chicken fajitas with onions and bell peppers, two corn tortillas and a serving of refried beans. I realize that may not be an ideal healthy meal plan but it's a step for me. My total carb intake today was about 45 grams. I can honestly say I ate less today than I have in several weeks and I feel good.
I normally would eat a yogurt mid day mainly for the probiotics but yogurt has a bunch of carbs. I guess I'll start taking a probiotic pill. Oh and I haven't had a coke in two days now.
Here's to losing a bunch of weight! Thanks for posting that article Von, what an eye opening read for me.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)