AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is everyone missing the big picture here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 11/30/2015 20:24 (#4930009 - in reply to #4929343)
Subject: RE: Is everyone missing the big picture here?

Ridgway, IL
boiler - 11/30/2015 16:10

I don't understand why anyones formula contract is any concern to the USDA or anyone else. Aren't producers allowed the freedom to operate and negotiate their contracts????????????? This no difference in the hog market??????????

ugh of course your right... Call me selfish, but taxpayers are already paying for the ams service, I'd just assume get some value for my dollars. I'm sure it costs more to report the cash cattle data today than it once did, even though it now only represents a fraction of what it used to. I'm all about freedom to operate as you see fit, and would love to see a lot of government operation scaled back... But I'm a realist...And I think it'd be easier to just get them to report some pertinent info than it would be to get them to just roll back the ams.

If the original purpose for Ag trade statistics to be reported was to help legislators make sound policy, then its hard to believe they're properly equipped with a report that sometimes only represents 10% of the market .... Besides, that government has a soft spot for all us hayseeds out here with limited access to facts and figures.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)