AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for Cv1 from ND
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 11/28/2015 18:29 (#4924999 - in reply to #4924946)
Subject: RE: ? for Cv1 from ND

NCND
I did some about 2/3 of our wheat didn't get fall applied so we seeded all the wheat then I got urea with agrotain and spread the rest in front of rain forecasted. Got about .3 and all was good. For our canola we spread then used a gates coulter harrow and somewhat incorporated it in.

Both crops were excellent. I'll add that we also top dressed 100 lbs urea on about 3/4 of our wheat in front of wheat. Well it all got a good rain after two days. All turned out well. Hauling in 80 bushel faller at 14.5 protein.

It just seems to me we get enough rain in spring or have enough chances that it will get incorporated. It's not like we are Kansas or Missouri where there is a lot more biological activity going on that breaks down the urea and causes it to volatize like it can there much faster. My agronomy guys never use agrotain and don't think we need it in spring here. I used it this year because it was on a couple thousand acres and I was spreading it so I wanted the insurance.

Fwiw.

Edit to add. We solely use gates coulter harrow to incorporate now. It doesn't probably do much for incorporation but it evens the ground out temp wise and things just look better. This year where we didn't use it the wheat was very uneven and tough to stage for fungicide. Where we used it was simple as can be.

I've had wheat spread in fall the get rained in or incorporated. Never showed deficiency the next year. It ran 93.

I'd say give it a go and if your nervous about it use agrotain. The stuff is scientifically proven to get you 10-14 days and even more under other conditions.

Edited by vailcat 11/28/2015 18:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)