AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pull type scraper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Riverbottom30
Posted 11/26/2015 11:06 (#4920123 - in reply to #4918975)
Subject: RE: Pull type scraper

Central IL
I had a friend that was looking at big dog scrapers because there was a,dealer close. Basically everyone he talked to told him that is the worst scraper made. I've heard toreq (sp?) are a very good scraper. Personally I hate dolly wheel scrapers. We have a Deere 1510c we pull with a cat 865. I know you said you want the smaller size. I'm just telling you that I'd what we use. Very agile being direct mount. Turn on a dime with tracks and direct mount. It's a dirt moving machine. But we are in the excavating business so being able to move dirt fast is more of a necessity for us. To answer your question, I would not get a big dog. I would look for a smaller direct mount for your fwa if you are completely against using the big tractor. Sure us nice to drop the pan and have dirt blowing over the back in 30 seconds though. I think you would love the direct mount. Don't tip over and no dolly wheels to sink in the soft dirt. Having a dealer nearby isn't that big of an issue with a scraper. Mainly hoses and cutting edges is all you need. Plenty of Internet sites to order cutting edges.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)