AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sms tree questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 11/20/2015 10:32 (#4908474 - in reply to #4907832)
Subject: RE: Sms tree questions.

Eastern Nebraska
Here is an example of how I have my customers set up their Grower, Farm, Field trees. The thought behind doing it this way, is that it simplifies things on their end when they are in the field. I instruct them to keep the Grower and Farm the same name. That way they only have to change the field box to select the right field. They don't need to worry about Grower, or Farm. Then, I have them name the fields how they know the fields. This is because every grower knows their fields by a specific name like North 80 or Dad's Place. Too often what I see is guys will name the Farm level with what the field name should be, then they name the field "1" or something obscure that makes no sense. This simplifies the tree.

Now, to your next question of having multiple break outs of fields. Or if a grower will do custom work for a guy, you can then keep the grower the same name, let's say "Smokey Farms", then the farm you can do like "Custom", then name the fields for who the customer would be. Or I've had situations where they will have a Dad and two sons in the operation. So they could do the same structure like:

Grower: Dad Name Grower: Son Name
Farm: Dad Name Farm: Son Name
Field: Dad's Place Field: North 80

I hope this helps. If you have questions on this please ask. I've also attached a screenshot of an example.

(Tree.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tree.png (24KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)