AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

password and pin keeper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 11/19/2015 21:42 (#4907581 - in reply to #4907440)
Subject: RE: password and pin keeper

roaming
Buster 50 - 11/19/2015 19:47

I know you are supposed to use the same base letter/number combo with a little difference for each site but I still end up needing them written down. I'm tired of carrying a 3# rolodex with all the variations. Has anyone come up with a slick way of recording the on a USB drive or SD? I dread transferring them, but it's a task that needs doing. Thanks for any ideas.

I would recommend a password manager like Keepass, Password Safe, etc. You enter all of your websites, usernames, passwords, etc, and then you just have to remember one master password to let you in to the database.

A good trick to use when creating passwords is to use the first letter of each word in a simple phrase. You can then make a slight modification by substituting numbers for letters, alternating upper/lower case, etc. For example, if Bible verses are something that you're familiar with, you could choose "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want". This would convert to "tlimsisnw". Or "tl1m515nw". Or "t!im5i5nw". Or whatever variant you choose.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)