AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need advice on which laser printer to buy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/17/2015 04:07 (#4901049 - in reply to #4900992)
Subject: RE: need advice on which laser printer to buy.

West Union, Illinois
Franz - Get a Brother. Do not buy any printer HP makes. They are junk. Believe me.
i'll agree with Franz, look at a Brother. I have 2 HP's right now. Both have been replaced under warranty. I got to thinking about it, every HP printer I've had in the last 5+ years has been replaced under warranty. It's nice they back up their product that way, but why should they break so consistently ?

Mom's got hit by lightning and we got her an Epson. Fast, quick first copy time, great printer for a year or so. It developed a paper feed problem. Instead of advancing the paper a partial line to make a character, it would advance the paper a couple full lines. When I admitted it had non OEM cartridges in it Epson would not even talk to me until I put in Epson cartridges. Mom said she could fix that, she bought herself a new Canon and solved that problem. It has worked flawlessly for over a year now.

My Samsung laser printer wore out a plastic gear after 5 years and thousands of pages. I bought a Brother multi-function machine to replace it and have had excellent luck with it. I found a couple laser printers (all they do is print, no copy,no scan) using the same engine on sale really cheap and bought them for dedicated uses. One does nothing but checks, another get more general use. I have not had the first bit of trouble with any of them. And it's really nice only having one supply item rather than different inks for each printer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)