AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mineral debate and questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 10/5/2015 21:19 (#4825260)
Subject: Mineral debate and questions

What are all you experiences going from inorganics to chelates. Thinking of switching, not because of any failures, but a local guy that is a nutritionalist seems knowledgeable and helpful and has a product to fit my program I believe for stalk grazing that otherwise don't get.

This guy formulates a product with chelates. It's more money, and upon further review most of the numbers are lower in the bag with higher salt content, but should get better efficiency. Whether that's true or not, I don't know and don't have any first hand experience with it.

He has a program of switching different minerals to different conditions, unlike my year around mineral.
I'm intrigued with his product for corn stalk grazing with the chelates, along with high protein with flow release urea in it, and aspergillosis oryzae to help digest the lower quality feedstuff while buffering the rumen from grain overload in case one finds a spot with high amounts of grain. Any truth to it, or I'd he blowing a bunch of smoke?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)