AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elder abuse---financial exploitation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 9/28/2015 08:46 (#4812721 - in reply to #4812695)
Subject: RE: Elder abuse---financial exploitation

I had an aunt that lived about 4 hours away. No children, first husband died many years ago and then had live in boyfriend for 40 years, never married him and he had no children. Some neighbors befriended her and yes, they would take her to her doctors appointments. Oh, she had dementia too. So these friends got her to buy them three cars, pay for a funeral, bought an expensive computer and who knows what else. A cousin that lives closer down there tried to get her declared unfit to handle her affairs as the friends tried to get her to change her will so they would get her house. Cousin stepped in and even though he had to hire a lawyer got her in a memory care place before the friends completely wiped her out. When her partner died, the friend posed as the partner to go with my aunt and clean out the safety deposit box that was full of cash. Why he didn't get prosecuted is beyond me. When cousins cleaned up her house, they found money in the sofa and $60,000 in a Corn Flakes box. At least the friends didn't find that. It takes all kinds of people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)