AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about Delco Remy starters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 9/7/2015 18:07 (#4776345 - in reply to #4776236)
Subject: RE: Ok. Thanks everybody!

Manitoba, Canada
Ok. Learned something else. I think I understand what the parts are that you refer to. If what I say doesn't make sense let me know.

I didn't know about fitting the brushes until now. I don't think it will be a problem for me to do it though. I don't have a metal lathe but I do have a wood lathe. I think I will turn a piece of wood to just below the size of the commutator and then attach some sandpaper to that and then shape the brushes against that. Any thoughts about doing it that way?

The mica between the commutator bars appeared to be at least a 1/32 or so below the bars yet. Is that enough?

As far as the bushings they all looked good and the outside of the armature was somewhat rusted and the field coils were as well and there was no sign of anything rubbing. I cleaned the rust and other debris off of them so I was hoping I could assume there will be adequate wear left in the bushings to keep using them.
I don't want to dump any more money than I have to as the tractor is basically disposable as soon as a major part fails. But I do want to have it reliable as it needs to run every day. Thanks for any tips you can provide.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)