AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can't stay awake driving.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Thud
Posted 8/30/2015 17:30 (#4761344 - in reply to #4760433)
Subject: RE: Can't stay awake driving.

Near-north Ontario, French River
Doesn't sounds like apnea to me. He said he is tired after an hour of driving but if he stops for a rest, he's wide awake. Seems to me that with apnea he would just continue to be sleepy when stopping for a break. To the OP, are you running AC? Do you have the vents pointed into your face ? I find that if I have the air blowing in my face it makes me tired. I'm not sure but I think it's actually drying my eyes... if that's possible? I find if I run with the windows down, or put AC down on my feet instead of face I feel much more alert. You also may want to have your eyes checked, it may be that your vision has deteriorated just enough that looking through a windshield for any length of time over stresses your eyes, as they try to focus, which in turn gives you that tired and sleepy feeling. One other possibility, and its highly unlikely, is that you have a slight exhaust leak into the cabin and you are getting a small dose of carbon monoxide poisoning. Makes you tired but when you get out in fresh air you recover and feel alert again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)