AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean maturity ratings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 8/27/2015 08:02 (#4755696)
Subject: Soybean maturity ratings

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
So why can't all seed companies be on the same page when they say what their seed maturity is?
Prime example I have two different soybean hybrids planted on my home place. One is a Krueger K2 2301 it's supposed to be 2.3 maturity. Next hybrid is Croplan R2 C2394, supposed to be a 2.4 maturity. Today I'd say the Croplan are at least a week ahead of the Krueger's. They are turning while the Krueger's are grass green. Both hybrids were planted the same day, May 2. I've planted the Krueger number in the past with excellent results, this is my first year on this number of Croplan.

The Croplan beans definetly have a lot more white mold in them even though they are rated 3 on a scale of 10 with the lower the number the better resistant for white mold. The Krueger's are rated a 5 but actually look much better for no mold.

Both hybrids were tall and with last weeks 8" of rain in less then 48 hours they both went down but the Croplan went down worse. Pod count the Kruegers are going to be better then the Croplan, but I've been fooled in the past so I'll let the combine determine that.

I know by the first picture it's hard to tell but if you look hard enough the beans on the left are the Croplan and on the right are the Krueger. In real life it's very distinct telling the difference.

Edited by IowaMark 8/27/2015 08:10

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (215KB - 440 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (222KB - 447 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (184KB - 428 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (262KB - 416 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (210KB - 432 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (241KB - 429 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)