AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transect Data from different cut height - Q for Torn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rcg
Posted 7/31/2015 07:48 (#4709166)
Subject: Transect Data from different cut height - Q for Torn

As every crop is no-till seeded these days, it's imperative that the stubble is cut low (300mm) & the residue is spread as evenly as possible.  With this in mind, I conducted a test swath transect last season in wheat.  As stated, "normal" cut height was 300mm, so I cut a swath at 100mm - right adjacent - to see the difference in harvest costs, yield, seeding issues etc.  The pic below shows the transect as noted by the speed map.

There was conducted 10 tests from each transect to find the differences in yield, fuel use & through put i.e. ha/hr & t/hr.  See the spot data pic.

Logic would tell me that yield would most likely be less as the machine was taking in much more MOG.  The yield was however, 6.4% higher.  Speed was 22.4% lower.  These figures are taken from spot data off the transect via the respective attributes selected.

The question that is worrying me: Could the figures taken from the transect via the attributes selected be subjected to inaccuracies due to the difference in speed & therefore flow, onto the mass sensor?  The calibration & readings of the mass flow sensor etc. was consistent with what the actual weights however, the calibration would have been conducted & set at the normal operating speed & cut height.  Would a transect (swath) at a lower speed/flow have influence on these results?

If it is felt that speed & therefore flow has little or no influence on these results, it would seem to point out to me that the machine needs more material to process, to do a better job.  Interested in peoples comments.

Edited by rcg 7/31/2015 07:56

(Speed cut hieght transect 2014.jpg)

(Church Paddock 2014 spot data.1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Speed cut hieght transect 2014.jpg (112KB - 106 downloads)
Attachments Church Paddock 2014 spot data.1.jpg (74KB - 108 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)