AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chris - Lawnmower windrowing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TheBonePile
Posted 7/27/2015 12:54 (#4702330)
Subject: Chris - Lawnmower windrowing

Southeast South Dakota
I have a new to me D160 - used to my old trusty RanchKing 42" - after 20 years it was just tired

Am getting used to the new mower - I was mowing once and I noticed that the longer or taller things I went over didnt seem to always get cut - I figured I was just going faster than I used to - Then I thought about your post and noticed that the misses did seem to be on the edges of the middle blade........

Anyway - I like to mow tall things - and I like to spread the clippings a good distance - so I had removed the crappy guard from my previous mower that restricted the flow out and made windrows out the discharge side. I didnt want to take all that off the new mower, but sometimes I still go into tall grass areas so needed a way to lift the chute. So, I attached what else but a small piece of twine from end of discharge chute so I can grab it and lift it when I need extra spread.........

ANYWAY, I was mowing the other day again and happened to notice something - when the chutes is down all the way I would sometimes get a miss around the edges of the middle blade. BUT, if Iraised the chute, and let the clippings out faster and with more room for airflow, I didnt seem to ever have an escape -

So are you using the original discharge chute and is it down? Maybe try it up or removed - might help things......

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)