AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digital camera pictures to an IPad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/27/2015 08:15 (#4701866 - in reply to #4701066)
Subject: RE: Digital camera pictures to an IPad.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I went on a trip to Florida last year. GF and I each have an iPhone 6 as well as an iPad Air 2. Pictures were taken with both iPhones. One of the parties we stayed with had taken some pictures with a digital camera. The goal was to combine all the pictures taken with both the iPhones and the host digital camera and put them on the iPad.

Since I had taken my windows laptop along on the trip, I read in the pictures from the host's memory card to the laptop while I was still at their home. When I got back to my home, I added the pictures from the iPhones to the laptop. I used the regular Apple USB to lightning cable that I used for charging. The windows computer sees the iPhone as a memory device. The pictures are stored in the DCIM folder when either a camera or the iPhone is connected. I put the iPhone pictures in the same folder as the pictures from our host. In other words all the Florida pictures were together from all the sources in one folder.

I then went through and deleted the duplicates and pictures that I didn't want. I then used some photo editing software to add captions to some of the pictures. When I got the pictures all cleaned up the way I wanted them, I used iTunes to put them on the iPad.

It was a little tricky to try to get the pictures in a logical order and I gave up after a bit.

In your situation I would read the pictures from the camera into a computer by using a card reader. I prefer to use regular file handling techniques and not the automated software that comes with most cameras. The reason being that I then know where the pictures went and can organize those pictures myself. I would then connect the iPad to the computer and use iTunes to get the pictures onto the iPad. Using iTunes seemed a bit confusing to me since it has lots of capabilities. I use iTunes to put my MP3 music that I have on the computer into the iPhones and iPad as well as pictures.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)