AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weedy Milo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 7/26/2015 08:38 (#4699829 - in reply to #4699748)
Subject: RE: Weedy Milo?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I may be exaggerating the height of the milo, I just walked through it in spots and most of it was around knee high. Im not that tall, only about 5'10"(and shrinking(lol)). so the height of the milo maybe closer to 2' than 3'. Going to try and spray that field Tuesday morning after I hit another small field close to where I live. Can only spray until about noon, then temps get too hot, so we shut down. After reading some more, looks like atrazine shouldn't be applied after milo is 12" tall, so will probably leave that out? Could just go with my 16oz of Huskie, 1/4-1/2 # Savage(24D), 1 pt of bean oil, with 12 to 15 gallon of water. After I apply this mixture, then the milo is on its own, it is what it is. Could probably not spray, but then large areas of the field probably wouldnt be harvested as the weeds would take it over. Other areas of the field, really dont need much. This is a 300 acre field that lays pretty flat. Im just a little worried about the 24D laying some of it flat.

Update! I went out and measured my milo field that was close to home, tallest was 18-19", in that range. So, wasnt any dew this morning, so I loaded up my sprayer with 16 oz Huskie, 8 oz Bean Oil , 3 bags AMS, and went to spraying at 12 GPA rate. Probably could have thrown in a little bit of 24D but didnt, as there were a few larger weeds. Be interesting to see what the Huskie does. Loaded my sprayer with water and AMS, and will head down across the border to Oklahoma tomorrow morning and spray the 300 acres, and on that, Im sure I will add a little 24D.

Edited by Jim1_ks 7/26/2015 12:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)