AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weedy Milo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 7/25/2015 13:13 (#4698662)
Subject: Weedy Milo?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
To say weed control in our soybeans and milo,( after above normal moisture late spring and summer,) has been challenging, is an understatement!(lol) Anyway, most fields generally look to be in fantastic shape! I do have one particular field of milo, that was later than I wanted, due to the "challenging" conditions, that needs some attention. We burnt down late April with 24D/Dicamba , glyphosate,and maybe 1/2# atrazine. We then sprayed Lexar,1/2# atrazine, glyphosate a week before planting the milo on June 20th. We ended up with a very good stand of milo, but with scattered pigweeds and such, especially on the terrace tops. I kind of imagine all of Atrazine is long gone, so not much controlling weeds currently. Milo is about knee high, 3' or so, with some weeds a bit taller. Was going to just go down and spot spray a few places, but when I get out there, who knows where I will stop. I was going to go back to wheat with this in the fall, but I think its going to be later maturing, so may just go to corn/milo in the spring. This is what I thought I might try, to at least set the weeds back a bit, until the milo can get above it. 16oz Huskie,1/2# 24D,1/2# atrazine, 1pt of Bean Oil. My question, would I regret adding the small amount of 24D, as I dont want some of the milo laying over on me? Also, I normally put AMS in water prior to any glyphosate , but is AMS needed in this case? Seems I read somewhere it shouldnt be used with the 24D on milo? I appreciate any input you may decide to render.
Jim

HA, yep, guess Id better edit my post and leave out the glyphosate!

Edited by Jim1_ks 7/25/2015 13:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)