AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just thinking---of ICF build
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Thud
Posted 7/21/2015 12:35 (#4691826 - in reply to #4691153)
Subject: RE: To hi-jack - an added quesiton ?

Near-north Ontario, French River
The Icf walls have rebar running in them, from top to bottom and of course cross hatched. Not sure you could place the rebar fast enough to build the walls in ranks. When I built I only used Icfs for the basement , full 10ft wall , so my experience may ve pray somewhat. Bracing didn't seem that bad, mostly corners, but there was some along the walls as well. Took 2 days to place the forms and brace everything up. On day three pumper showed up, I believe there was a 4 man crew, once some concrete trucks started rolling in they had everything poured in roughly 6hrs. The rest of the day was spent levelling the top surface and placing anchors for the floor plate to attach to. I wold have like to go all the way to the roof with Icf, but budget was a consideration. To go to the roof was another 30k. Brick exterior, but so far no issues with rodents. I'd go Icf in a heart beat if you can swing the $$$, as it makes a super quiet and super insulated structure when you are done. On another note if you are in tornado or quake country an Icf house is probably the safest structure out there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)